Today’s Key Scripture
“If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.”
— John 15:7-8
Scriptures point to seven specific things that happen when we abide in Christ—spending precious time with Him in prayer and intercession:
- Prayer reveals our needs to us (Isaiah 6:5).
- Prayer has the power to cleanse our heart from sin (Psalm 19:12-13).
- Prayer has the power to hold us up and keep us going with God (Psalm 17:1, 5).
- Prayer has the power to control our tongue (Psalm 141:1-3).
- Prayer can open our eyes so we can understand the Bible (Psalm 119:10-12, 18).
- Prayer has the power to bring wisdom (James 1:5).
- Prayer will bring the power of the Holy Spirit on our life (Acts 2:4).
Through prayer and spending time with God, we move into a deeper walk with the Lord Jesus.
That is where you should seek to be as you follow His calling to make a difference for the kingdom of God.
Dedicate yourself to a deeper walk with God, seeking to abide in His presence more and more, especially as you see the hour approaching when you will see Him face to face in all His glory!
A Prayer for Today
Father in heaven, fill me and use me, even as I abide in Your presence. I long to be a vessel of service and honor for You. I yearn to be useful, even as I seek victory in every area of my life. I choose You today—Your plan, Your holiness, and Your guidance. Reveal the areas in my life that are not surrendered to You, and give me balance as I walk with You. I humbly pray all these things in Jesus’ precious name, amen.
*All Scripture references are NKJV unless otherwise noted.