The apostle Paul begins this chapter with a simple instruction: “Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us” (verses 1-2). Following our Lord means walking in love and purity, walking in the light, and walking “circumspectly,” filled with the Spirit. In an timeless comparison, the apostle Paul points to the husband and wife relationship, including the duties of both, then moves into a deeper study of the sanctification of the church—“Husbands, love your wives, even as Church also loved the church, and gave himself for it” (verse 25). This verse-by-verse study spotlights what it means to live as a believer! Download this powerful teaching today!
Fresh Manna – Ephesians 5
- We are told to be followers of God.
- Following Him means that we must walk in love.
- Following Him also means walking in the light, and walking “circumspectly.”
- The study of Ephesians 5 reveals what it means to live as a believer.
- Download this powerful teaching today!