The first three chapters of the letter to the church in Ephesus spotlight the church and God’s plan of salvation. Chapter four shifts the focus to a practical application of the mystery of the church—our Lord’s divine plan, unity of the believers, a consistent Christian life, and the diversity of spiritual gifts, “for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ” (verse 12). Believers don’t have to be “tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind” (Ephesians 4:14) when it comes to the latest news, good or bad. Instead, we can be “steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord” (1 Corinthians 15:58). Download this powerful teaching today!
Fresh Manna – Ephesians 4
- The first part of Ephesians focused on the church and God’s plan of salvation.
- This chapter shifts the focus to practical application and the mystery of the church.
- Specifically we are taught about our Lord’s divine plan, unity of the believers, a consistent Christian life, and the diversity of spiritual gifts
- God reveals that we are the objects of His favor, according to His sovereign love, through no merit of our own.
- Download this powerful teaching today!