A special message from my heart about how this ministry handles its finances and our accountability to the Lord...
I want you to know that as we move through 2012, the need is greater than ever for Christians to be committed to God’s command: “And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come” (Matthew 24:14).
Thank you for standing with me during such an important and historic time. The year is proving to be one of the most powerful times of spiritual anointing I have experienced in over 36 years of ministry.
The Bible says, “We are labourers together with God” (1 Corinthians 3:9), and God has given us many victories during recent months.
I have made this commitment, and I will never break it, never turn back from it! I will preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ as long as God gives me breath. And I pray that God will continue to speak to your heart to do all you can to take the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world.
Thank you for your trust and confidence in me, and thank you for sending me to the nations of the world. I am redoubling my efforts to see more souls than ever before won to Christ. But I cannot do it without you.
Thank you for standing with me in this important season of miracles. You are my precious partner, and I love you very much.
I believe 2011 will be your year from Heaven! And I am asking you to continue to step out in faith by sowing your precious financial seed so multitudes can hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Top 20 Questions Concerning Financial Stewardship
- Some who are antagonistic toward evangelistic media ministries have characterized many ministries like yours as having a lack of restrictions and regulations. What is your answer to questions pertaining to accountability and governance of Benny Hinn Ministries?
- Specifically, how is your ministry governed?
- What about Benny Hinn Ministries’ Board of Directors? Some critics have implied that your Board of Directors’ (along with other similar ministries) is not independent; so can you tell me about yours?
- Do you have family members on your Board of Directors? If so. why? If not, why not?
- Do you have a breakdown of how you use the contributions you receive? If so, what percentage actually goes to ministerial projects, as opposed to administrative costs and salaries?
- To which state and federal guidelines are churches and ministries obligated to submit, and how do you ensure your adherence to these guidelines?
- It has been reported that Benny Hinn Ministries, along with hundreds of other churches, charities and ministries, received a letter of inquiry from the IRS pertaining to the church’s use of exempt funds (donations). Is that correct and what was the outcome?
- It was widely reported that Benny Hinn Ministries, along with five other major evangelical ministries, received a letter on November 5, 2007, asking questions about a wide range of topics from Senator Charles Grassley and the United States Senate Finance Committee. What was the outcome?
- What are the basic legal requirements for financial disclosure the ministry has to meet?
- Does the ministry make public its annual financials or publish an audited financial report? If so, how is this information made available? If not, why not?
- Benny Hinn Ministries (along with many other charismatic groups) has been criticized by independent “watchdog” groups. Does the ministry have concerns about disclosing its financial information to independent accountability organizations?
- How are you compensated, and who determines your salary?
- Do you get royalties from the ministry for the books, CDs, and DVDs that are offered through the ministry?
- What is the "prosperity teaching" referred to by critics, and how do you stand on that issue?
- Many of the medium and large ministries reportedly have private airplanes? Is that necessary? What about Benny Hinn Ministries?
- Why does a ministry like yours need an airplane?
- Many ministries, organizations, and corporations are criticized for making lots of promises to raise finances, but then are not always staying as committed to fulfilling those promises. What kind of track record does Benny Hinn Ministries have?
- You obviously have to work within certain legal and governmental restrictions, but ultimately you are responsible to God and the partners who support you. How do you balance "render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar’s" and "seek ye first the kingdom of God"?
- If you had to reduce all of Benny Hinn Ministries down to a single vision statement, what would it be and how does that affect everything that you do, in terms of organization and accountability?